From: Aggelos on
I want to deny incoming mail from domain blu0.hotmail.com.

I have put in /etc/postfix/sender_access the following line:
blu0.hotmail.com 554 Spam is not welcome

and then I run
postmap /etc/postfix/sender_access

and
postfix reload

Is that enough?

From: Aggelos on
on 02/15/2010 10:47 PM Aggelos wrote the following:
> I want to deny incoming mail from domain blu0.hotmail.com.
>
> I have put in /etc/postfix/sender_access the following line:
> blu0.hotmail.com 554 Spam is not welcome
>
> and then I run
> postmap /etc/postfix/sender_access
>
> and
> postfix reload
>
> Is that enough?

Sorry I sent the same post twice.

From: terry on
Quoting Aggelos <marmango(a)freemail.gr>:

> I want to deny incoming mail from domain blu0.hotmail.com.
>
> I have put in /etc/postfix/sender_access the following line:
> blu0.hotmail.com 554 Spam is not welcome
>
> and then I run
> postmap /etc/postfix/sender_access
>
> and
> postfix reload
>
> Is that enough?

Not unless "postconf -n |grep sender_access" turns up something.

In any case, I'm not sure that refusing to talk to a single hotmail
server will accomplish anything useful.

What are you trying to do?

Terry

From: mouss on
Aggelos a écrit :
> I want to deny incoming mail from domain blu0.hotmail.com.

what do you mean by "from"?
- the domain of the client machine? (reverse dns)
- the domain of the envelope sender address?
- the domain of the from/reply-to header addresses?

> I have put in /etc/postfix/sender_access the following line:
> blu0.hotmail.com 554 Spam is not welcome

do you really get mail sent by <joe(a)blu0.hotmail.com> ?

you may want to show a concrete example of what you want to block.

From: Aggelos on
on 02/15/2010 10:54 PM terry(a)cnysupport.com wrote the following:
> postconf -n |grep sender_access

# postconf -n |grep sender_access
reject_unauth_destination, reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access,
check_helo_access hash:/etc/postfix/helo_access,
reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
reject_unknown_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_sender,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
reject_unauth_pipelining, check_client_access
hash:/etc/postfix/client_access, reject_unknown_client,
reject_rbl_client bl.spamcop.net, reject_rbl_client sbl.spamhaus.org,
reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org, reject_rbl_client
dnsbl.njabl.org, reject_rbl_client dnsbl.sorbs.net