From: Luc on
Hi,

i created a form with a textbox where the user must enter his phone number,
bank account number etc .... Does it exist a way to make the textbox with a
specific format e.g. 'ddd/dddddd' (d = digit) for phone or 'ddd-dddddd-dd'
for bank account number?

Thanks for tips
Luc

From: Andrew Morton on
Luc wrote:
> i created a form with a textbox where the user must enter his phone
> number, bank account number etc .... Does it exist a way to make the
> textbox with a specific format e.g. 'ddd/dddddd' (d = digit) for
> phone or 'ddd-dddddd-dd' for bank account number?

The best way would be to let the user enter the data however they want to
and then your program validates it and coerces it into whatever other format
you need.

That way, they don't have to worry about whether or not you're expecting
dashes or slashes or whatever.

Andrew

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHMA_en-GBGB328GB328&aq=1&oq=Ajax+mas&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=ajax+maskededitextender