From: Priyank Shah on
Priyank Shah wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two strings, like
> @a = "hello"
> @b = "h123llo"
>
> so in that how can i print diffrence?
>
> i want difference like user know which diffrence on which character.
>
> Please let me know if any one know.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Priyank

Thanks to you all but i want difference so i used

http://codeidol.com/other/rubyckbk/Files-and-Directories/Comparing-Two-Files/

And its working fine but i actully want exact difference.

and it just shows me number of differences.

So if you have any idea regarding this then please suggest.

Thanks,
Priyank Shah

From: Intransition on

On Jul 31, 1:11 am, Priyank Shah <shahpriyan...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Priyank Shah wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I have two strings, like
> > @a = "hello"
> > @b = "h123llo"
>
> > so in that how can i print diffrence?
>
> > i want difference like user know which diffrence on which character.
>
> > Please let me know if any one know.
>
> > Thanks in advance
> > Priyank
>
> Thanks to you all but i want difference so i used
>
> http://codeidol.com/other/rubyckbk/Files-and-Directories/Comparing-Tw...
>
> And its working fine but i actully want exact difference.
>
> and it just shows me number of differences.
>
> So if you have any idea regarding this then please suggest.

As in:

@b.split(//) - @a.split(//)

?