From: Emile van Sebille on
On 4/13/2010 11:43 PM Stefan Behnel said...
> rake, 14.04.2010 02:45:
>> On Apr 13, 2:12 pm, Chris Colbert wrote:
>>> You should look into beautiful soup
>>>
>>> http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
>>
>> For more complex parsing beautiful soup is definitely the way to go.
>
> Why would a library that even the author has lost interest in be "the
> way to go"?
>
> Stefan

Why not when the recent release dates from only five days ago?

Emile

From: Grant Edwards on
On 2010-04-14, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml(a)behnel.de> wrote:
>> On Apr 13, 2:12 pm, Chris Colbert wrote:
>>> You should look into beautiful soup
>>>
>>> http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
>>
>> For more complex parsing beautiful soup is definitely the way to go.
>
> Why would a library that even the author has lost interest in be "the way
> to go"?

Sure, if the library is still being maintained. I can't think of too
many open-source projects where somebody else hasn't taken over from
the original author.

--
Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm dressing up in
at an ill-fitting IVY-LEAGUE
From: Stefan Behnel on
Emile van Sebille, 14.04.2010 15:24:
> On 4/13/2010 11:43 PM Stefan Behnel said...
>> rake, 14.04.2010 02:45:

>>> For more complex parsing beautiful soup is definitely the way to go.
>>
>> Why would a library that even the author has lost interest in be "the
>> way to go"?
>
> Why not when the recent release dates from only five days ago?

Interesting, even the web site has had a revamp.

Nice - I like competition. ;)

Stefan