From: zaur on
All greetings!

How to make portable distribution of python 2.6?
From: Thomas Jollans on
On 2010-08-13 19:00, zaur wrote:
> All greetings!
>
> How to make portable distribution of python 2.6?

I don't know, but what you're looking for probably already exists.

Do you mean "portable" as in portable, i.e. "take this and build it for
your system, it should work if your OS is supported"? Then you can get
source tarballs from python.org

http://python.org/download/

Or do you understand "portable" the way that is fashionable in the
Windows world nowadays for some reason, i.e. "look, Ma, already
installed if you happen to use Microsoft Windows of roughly the right
version!"

Then http://www.portablepython.com/ is exactly where Google would have
lead you had you searched.

From: zaur on
On 13 авг, 21:28, Thomas Jollans <tho...(a)jollans.com> wrote:
> On 2010-08-13 19:00, zaur wrote:> All greetings!
>
> > How to make portable distribution of python 2.6?
>
> I don't know, but what you're looking for probably already exists.
>
> Do you mean "portable" as in portable, i.e. "take this and build it for
> your system, it should work if your OS is supported"? Then you can get
> source tarballs from python.org
>
> http://python.org/download/
>
> Or do you understand "portable" the way that is fashionable in the
> Windows world nowadays for some reason, i.e. "look, Ma, already
> installed if you happen to use Microsoft Windows of roughly the right
> version!"
>
> Thenhttp://www.portablepython.com/is exactly where Google would have
> lead you had you searched.

I want to realize howto build my own portable python in order to use
them without installation.
I want also to be able install modules (numpy, matplotlib, pyqt,
etc...) when it is necessary.
This very usefull for teaching python in computer classes.