From: Ant on
"Virus Guy" wrote:

> I just submitted the payload to VT. VT did not claim to have seen or
> scanned it before.
>
> Only 6/41 hit rate (15%).

Not that surprising. The exe is double-packed.

> TrendMicro Cryp_Krap-9

An appropriate name for the first packer which throws a load of
exceptions (handled) at the start and then jumps around all over the
place in the code. I wouldn't be surprised if the packing varied from
time to time. The second packer is PECompact 2. When they're removed
you have a fake AV app (Security Tool) written in Borland Delphi.

> The file, when run, creates a .bat and .exe file with a numeric name
> (probably random) here:

The .bat file deletes the original download (and itself) after copying
the exe to the new location and setting the registry startup entry.
The subdirectory and file name are 8 random digits.

Love the hard-coded fake BSOD info:

| problem has been detected and windows has been shut down prevent
| damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the
| following file:
| SPCMDCOM.sys
| PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

| Technical information:
| *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFD3094C2, 0x00000001, 0xFBFE7617, 0x00000000) ***
| SPCMDCON.SYS - Address FBFE7617 base at FBFE5000, DateStamp 3d6dd67c

This domain is also encrypted in the file: webpaybill.net
which is where you'll likely be sent to have your wallet lightened.

From: Bill on
NOD32 has added this particular piece of malware to their definitions.

From: Teeernte on

Domain Name: *REMOVETROJAN.NET *

Registrant:
n/a
Joshua Curry (softvseo(a)gmail.com)
145 Lochmere Lane
Hartford
Illinois,06103
US
Tel. +860.4171945

//removetrojan.net/securitytool/install.exe

IP-Adresse: 91.215.170.14

http://www.utrace.de/?query=removetrojan.net

= RIGA (RU)

--
Teeernte
Teeernte's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/190362.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Virus Guy on
Teeernte wrote:

> //removetrojan.net/securitytool/install.exe

And note just how many AV apps flag this as a threat.

What a joke.