From: artk on
Has anyone successfully interfaced the hp48 with an X10 Firecracker
CM-17A or similar? This would be an amazing RF powerline signal
controller.
From: tomcee on
On Jul 30, 11:46 am, artk <artkenn...(a)clearwire.net> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully interfaced the hp48 with an X10 Firecracker
> CM-17A or similar?  This would be an amazing RF powerline signal
> controller.

As I recall, the 'firecracker' requires power from the host controller
so is not viable with an HP48.

I've been using a (now obsolete) xx-1130 device for a number of years
controlling a number of X10 devices. The HP48 runs some programs
triggered by the alarms. I've tried to implement a table lookup
derived from sunrise/sunset tables for proper timing. It has proven
to be quite a fault tolerant X10 controller. I had considered the
CP290 but unfortunately it defaults to 600baud. I have been studying
more contemporary RS232-X10 devices to update my old design.

I've been working on documenting this to present at a future HHC
perhaps.

I had asked the 48 community about interest on this topic quite a few
years ago and saw no response.

Here's some notes from a couple years ago:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/6b261f9c77674e91/8e28aed0068bb597?lnk=gst&q=x10+control#8e28aed0068bb597

TomC
From: datajerk on
On Jul 30, 9:46 am, artk <artkenn...(a)clearwire.net> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully interfaced the hp48 with an X10 Firecracker
> CM-17A or similar?  This would be an amazing RF powerline signal
> controller.

No, but I've done it with an HP41 (http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/
cgiwrap/hpmuseum/articles.cgi?read=763)

The challenge for the 48/49/50 is that DTR and RTS are used to create
"bits" and to also power the device. There is no RTS on the 48/49/50.