From: Andi Kleen on
On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 02:47:19PM +0900, Naoya Horiguchi wrote:
> This is a patchset for hugepage migration.

Thanks for working on this.

> There are many users of page migration such as soft offlining,
> memory hotplug, memory policy and memory compaction,
> but this patchset adds hugepage support only for soft offlining
> as the first step.

Is that simply because the callers are not hooked up yet
for the other cases, or more fundamental issues?

> I tested this patchset with 'make func' in libhugetlbfs and
> have gotten the same result as one from 2.6.35-rc3.

Is there a tester for the functionality too? (e.g. mce-test test cases)

-Andi
From: Naoya Horiguchi on
On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:30:26AM +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 02:47:19PM +0900, Naoya Horiguchi wrote:
> > This is a patchset for hugepage migration.
>
> Thanks for working on this.
> >
> > There are many users of page migration such as soft offlining,
> > memory hotplug, memory policy and memory compaction,
> > but this patchset adds hugepage support only for soft offlining
> > as the first step.
>
> Is that simply because the callers are not hooked up yet
> for the other cases, or more fundamental issues?

Yes, it's just underway.
I hope we have no critical problems to implement other cases at the time.

> > I tested this patchset with 'make func' in libhugetlbfs and
> > have gotten the same result as one from 2.6.35-rc3.
>
> Is there a tester for the functionality too? (e.g. mce-test test cases)

Yes.
I'll send patches on mce-test suite later.

Thanks,
Naoya Horiguchi