From: Greg KH on
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 04:52:34PM +0000, Hank Janssen wrote:

> Greg,
>
> As requested, here is the patch, it was created against a fresh
> clone of kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging-next-2.6.git
> of this morning using the origin/staging-next branch. It was created with
> the help of the git format-patch command.
>
> But when I do a diff from this patch and the one I send earlier this
> Week, I do not see anything different in my patch.

Yup, and as such, it still does not apply :(

Are you sure you are really basing your code on the staging-next branch?
When I try to apply this, I get the following errors:
patching file drivers/staging/hv/Channel.c
Hunk #2 succeeded at 667 with fuzz 1.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 723 with fuzz 2.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 861 with fuzz 2.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 936 with fuzz 2.
patching file drivers/staging/hv/ChannelMgmt.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 22.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 73.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 264.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 334.
4 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/staging/hv/ChannelMgmt.c.rej
patching file drivers/staging/hv/Kconfig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 29 with fuzz 2.
patching file drivers/staging/hv/Makefile
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/staging/hv/Makefile.rej
patching file drivers/staging/hv/VmbusPacketFormat.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 22 with fuzz 1.
patching file drivers/staging/hv/ext_utils.c
patching file drivers/staging/hv/hyperv_utils.c
patching file drivers/staging/hv/utils.h

Can you please try again?

thanks,

greg k-h