From: slater on
i am a new excell user 2007 how do i get the formula to say if A@ is greater
than
2000 add 250
From: JLatham on
Hopefully you don't want to do this in A2 itself because trying that will
give you a 'circular reference' error. But in another cell you can put:
=IF(A2>2000,A2+250,"not greater than 2000")

The "not greater than 2000" portion could be another formula, or reference
to a cell, such as
=IF(A2>2000,A2+250,A2)
would either show A2 + 250 or just the value in A2
=IF(A2>2000,A2+250,A3)
would show A2+250 result if A2>2000 otherwise would show value in A3
or
=IF(A2>2000,A2+250,"")
would show A2+250 result if A2>2000 otherwise would just be blank.

Hope this helps.

From: Russell Dawson on
Hi Slater,

Your description almost says it the way the formula goes although you have
not said what you want the 250 to be added to. I've assumed that you want it
to be added to the original figure in A2 so:

=IF(A2>2000,A2+250,A2)

That's saying If A2 is greater than 2000 then display A2 figure plus 250
otherwise just display A2 figure.

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

From: Bernd P on
=IF(A1>2000,A1+250,A1)
From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
.... or =A2+250*(A2>2000)