From: MK on
Hai guys,

Can anyone help me out i need a formula in Excel2003 like with the help of
datas in two different cells i wanna give value to 3rd cell but i dont want
to type anything in that cell. Its much like Circular Reference.

e.g: if A1=1, B1=1 then i wanna give C1=1
but dont wanna type anything in C1 i want that formula in D1
From: Mike H on
Hi,

You didn't say what you wanted if a1 * B1 don't = 1. Try this

=IF(AND(A1=1,B1=1),C1,"you didn't say")

or to return nothing if it's false try this

=IF(AND(A1=1,B1=1),C1,"")
--
Mike

question.

From: Gord Dibben on
A formula in D1 cannot place anything into C1

Formulas return values to the cell in which they are written.

You have to use VBA to place a value in an empty cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Clif McIrvin on
> or to return nothing if it's false try this
>
> =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=1),C1,"")

But if the OP wants an *empty* cell to remain empty, putting a formula,
or even the zero length string, in there makes it no longer an empty
cell. I think that's the root of the OP's question.