From: Jean Delvare on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:36:50 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Jean,
>
> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 09:25:08 +0100 Jean Delvare <khali(a)linux-fr.org> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the reminder Stephen. I was only waiting for device_lock()
> > to become usable in mainline. Now that it happened, I will take the
> > patch above in my i2c tree, and send it to Linus in my next batch.
>
> Thanks. The include of mutex.h is not actually needed yet as Greg didn't
> send the semaphore to mutex change to Linus due to other issues.

It will never be needed, and I also removed the include of semaphore.h.
The beauty of the new API is that it hides the implementation details
from the caller!

> The
> device_lock/unlock part would be useful, though for when the change does
> happen.

Of course.

--
Jean Delvare
From: Stephen Rothwell on
Hi Jean,

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 11:39:50 +0100 Jean Delvare <khali(a)linux-fr.org> wrote:

> > Thanks. The include of mutex.h is not actually needed yet as Greg didn't
> > send the semaphore to mutex change to Linus due to other issues.
>
> It will never be needed, and I also removed the include of semaphore.h.
> The beauty of the new API is that it hides the implementation details
> from the caller!

Yeah, except it scares me a little since device.h currently does not
directly include semaphore.h and the patch that changes the semaphore to
a mutex does not include mutex.h in device.h either ...

I guess that is a problem for Greg, though.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr(a)canb.auug.org.au