From: RRyan on
I'm working on a vacation tracker and would like to carry over unused
vacation. My cell formula works on the anniversary day but goes away the day
after. If the month and day = the anniversary than true otherwise false.
=IF(H2=FALSE,"",G2+E2) Any ideas?
From: Gord Dibben on
I'll bite.

What is in H2 and how is it derived?

Are you using =TODAY() or similar?

That is a volatile function which changes daily.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: RRyan on
my columns are: name, hire date, today, days worked, hours vac earned, hours
taken, hours left. I'm trying to get another column that would ad the hrs
left to hours earned on the aniversary date. H2 is currently an if statement
=IF(AND(DAY(B2)=DAY(TODAY()),MONTH(B2)=MONTH(TODAY())),TRUE,FALSE) with G2
=IF(H2=FALSE,"",G2+E2)

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> I'll bite.
>
> What is in H2 and how is it derived?
>
> Are you using =TODAY() or similar?
>
> That is a volatile function which changes daily.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>

> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 12:06:14 -0700, RRyan <RRyan(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I'm working on a vacation tracker and would like to carry over unused
> >vacation. My cell formula works on the anniversary day but goes away the day
> >after. If the month and day = the anniversary than true otherwise false.
> >=IF(H2=FALSE,"",G2+E2) Any ideas?
>
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel and MS Project