From: s on
The word 2007(.docx) is saved as a plain text(.txt) file first. Then,
I add a delimiter(#) to each row
manually. The tables in the document look like below

Table 1
Row 1 data#
Row 2 data#
Row 3 data#
Row 4 data#
..
..
..

Table 2
Row 1 data#
Row 2 data#
Row 3 data#
..
..
..
..

Table 3
Row 1 data#
Row 2 data#
Row 3 data#

..
..
..

and so on

Then, go into Access 2007, External Data, Text File to import the text
file data into Access choosing # as the delimiter

The table which is created in Access 2007 is as follows

Field1
Row 1 data of Table 1
Row 2 data of Table 1
Row 3 data of Table 1

..
..
..
Row 1 data of Table 2
Row 2 data of Table 2
Row 3 data of Table 2
Row 4 data of Table 2
..
..
..
Row 1 data of Table 3
Row 2 data of Table 3
Row 3 data of Table 3
Row 4 data of Table 3

whereas I want the table in Access to look like

Field 1 Field 2 Field
3 Field 4 .....Field N
Row 1 data of Table 1. Row 2 data of Table 1 Row 3 data of Table 1 Row
1 data of Table 2 .....
..
..

Can someone please advise if that can be done or do I need to develop
some VBA code for that?
If I need to use VBA code, some pointers in that direction would be
appreciated.

Thanks
From: Steve on
On Jan 22, 7:50 am, s <s...(a)mailinator.com> wrote:
> The word 2007(.docx) is saved as a plain text(.txt) file first. Then,
> I add a delimiter(#) to each row
> manually. The tables in the document look like below
>
> Table 1
> Row 1 data#
> Row 2 data#
> Row 3 data#
> Row 4 data#
> .
> .
> .
>
> Table 2
> Row 1 data#
> Row 2 data#
> Row 3 data#
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> Table 3
> Row 1 data#
> Row 2 data#
> Row 3 data#
>
> .
> .
> .
>
> and so on
>
> Then, go into Access 2007, External Data, Text File to import the text
> file data into Access choosing # as the delimiter
>
> The table which is created in Access 2007 is as follows
>
> Field1
> Row 1 data of Table 1
> Row 2 data of Table 1
> Row 3 data of Table 1
>
> .
> .
> .
> Row 1 data of Table 2
> Row 2 data of Table 2
> Row 3 data of Table 2
> Row 4 data of Table 2
> .
> .
> .
> Row 1 data of Table 3
> Row 2 data of Table 3
> Row 3 data of Table 3
> Row 4 data of Table 3
>
> whereas I want the table in Access to look like
>
> Field 1                        Field 2                       Field
> 3                       Field 4                         .....Field N
> Row 1 data of Table 1. Row 2 data of Table 1 Row 3 data of Table 1 Row
> 1 data of Table 2 .....
> .
> .
>
> Can someone please advise if that can be done or do I need to develop
> some VBA code for that?
> If I need to use VBA code, some pointers in that direction would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks

The data can't be that long as you manually added the # symbol as a
field delimiter......

If this is a one off, take your data and slip it into Excel in the
format and with the field names you want, and then import the excel
table.

If you are doing this regularly and taking data, the question is do
you have a fixed number of records each time? If so a relatively
simple VBA script can do the job. If not you are going to need to also
include an end of records delimiter as well as end of field.

Steve
From: s on
Salad wrote:

Thanks for the response and code snippet.

> Three newsgroups? Oh well.

I wanted to copy to two newsgroups, but for some reason it did not
work so I
placed all groups in the To list.

> With VBA, you have 3 recordsets and you want to merge them together.
> Don't know if you have an autonumber, no idea if the record counts are
> the same, or if there's 3 recs in the first file and 4 in the other 2.

The record counts can vary, don't have an autonumbering.

Will try this out and post the results.

Thanks again for your advice and time.