From: Ross A. Finlayson on
Virgil wrote:
> In article <1131230127.410346.6050(a)g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

> > Albrecht Storz wrote:
> > > And in the middle
> > > there is David R. Tribble
> > > who is also not right
> > > but has no insight
> > > and thinks he is great
> > > oh, what a fake.
> >
> > Cantor explained the infinite set
> > And for that we are all in his debt
> > But some cranks disagree
> > With plain logic, you see
> > And can't cope with sets that biject.
>
> And the winner is....
>
> David, by ten lengths and going away!

How quaint.

"The haiku is formed
With seven syllables here
five here and above."

Also, it's supposed to be about nature and refer to cherry blossoms.

Virgil felt such a dunce,
when he found himself wrong just that once
that he stuffed in his ear
the dictionary held dear
and considered rhymes for bunts, shunts, and runts

Ah that's terrible I'm an awful poet, although that's similar to a
limerick, which generally are bawdy.

Ah!, ahem:

and the space in between felt no brunt.

No, that's doesn't work, brunt has no plural, although the initial
couplet could be "...felt dunced" and "once't".

Okay:

Virgil felt such a dunce,
when he found himself wrong just that once
that he took a devout plea
to silence himself eternally
in his private virtual habitat for nuns.

No, that still doesn't work, nuns is pronounced nunz.

Let's see, rhymes for Virgil: cudgel, nah; vigil, not so great,
sometimes rhymes need more than the last syllable; ridicule, er
similar, not a rhyme; dirge-al, not a word; virtual, nah, doesn't
rhyme; aspercule, aspergule, no soft g. Hancher's easier: rancher,
brancher (unused), Romancher (contrived foreign word), ...?

I don't know any words that rhyme with Virgil. Oh well, at least I
don't have to worry about him telling me one.

There's often times that he'd break it
in spotting a leaf to go rake it
his typing seems fake
the hands start to shake
and the once seeming rebuttal won't make it.

They began to discuss the well-ordering
he didn't resist the forwarding
of a true notion
that damned his devotion
to never winning the lottery.

He continues to publicly uphold
the opinion he once felt so bold
yet time and again
he finds problems to defend
and the ashes taste bitter and cold.

Well, damn, that's not funny.

Infinite sets are equivalent.

Ross

From: David R Tribble on
Ross A. Finlayson wrote:
> "The haiku is formed
> With seven syllables here
> five here and above."

First five syllables
Then seven more syllables
Then five syllables

> I don't know any words that rhyme with Virgil. Oh well, at least I
> don't have to worry about him telling me one.

"Cordial".

Which kind of limits your rhymes to something nice.

> Infinite sets are equivalent.

Lots of rhymes for "equivalent"...

ambivalent pestilent
ambulant petulant
circulant prevalent
corpulent sibilant
flatulent somnolent
fraudulent stimulant
indolent truculent
insolent turbulent
jubilant vigilant
malevolent virulent
opulent

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103
Prev: math
Next: The proof of mass vector.