From: transkawa on

on a markup such as this:

when i did d.get....('id').innerHTML the nodeType returned was:
"undefined". can anyone help clarify my confusion. I thought it would
return a text node type or else an element node type. the dom says it
should return the markup of the child tag and that markup must be a node
type!!!
i must be mistaken somewhat about innerHTML??
xnt
From: Scott Sauyet on
On May 28, 11:07 am, transkawa <transk...(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> when i did d.get....('id').innerHTML the nodeType returned was:
> "undefined". [ ... ]

If I parse your question correctly, you're wondering why the nodeType
property of the innerHTML property of a DOM element is undefined. If
that's the question, then the answer is simple: innerHTML returns a
*string*. The exact format of that string is implementation-defined,
but should be presumably be related to the DOM structure of the
element in question.

-- Scott