From: ysam4440 on
Hi
the macro insets a new sheet then copies another sheet onto it. i then
rename the sheet. when you try to do this again the macro looks for the
original sheet number and overwrites the information in it. it sounds like
what I want to do is not possible.

From: ozgrid.com on
Why not simply copy the sheet you want duplicated, or create a worksheet
template?
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-worksheet-templates.htm

RE: it sounds like what I want to do is not possible.

I doubt it, but you will HAVE to detail exactly what you are trying to do.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley

"ysam4440" <ysam4440(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> the macro insets a new sheet then copies another sheet onto it. i then
> rename the sheet. when you try to do this again the macro looks for the
> original sheet number and overwrites the information in it. it sounds like
> what I want to do is not possible.
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> You cannot name a sheet same as another so you must check to see if that
>> sheetname exists then add a sheet with an alternate name.
>>
>> Post the code you have tried.
>>
>> What pattern of name would you want?
>>

>> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 17:02:01 -0700, ysam4440
>> <ysam4440(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >howdy
>> >i want a macro to insert a worksheet then name it. when i try to do this
>> >with a second worksheet the macro overwrites the first worksheet

>> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: VB code