From: Gordon on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:53:12 -0700, charles_hancock wrote:

> OO,
> I would like to know how to install fonts.Where is the information
> located ? Your website need to have a help tab for people like me. I
> wondered everywhere looking for an answer and did not find one.
>
> CH
>
> "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together
> in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal
> system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

You install fonts into your Operating System.
Hop you do that depends on what Operating System you are using.

--
Registered Linux User no 240308
Say No to OOXML http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9594#mpart8

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Gordon on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:53:12 -0700, charles_hancock wrote:

> OO,
> I would like to know how to install fonts.Where is the information
> located ? Your website need to have a help tab for people like me. I
> wondered everywhere looking for an answer and did not find one.
>
> CH
>
> "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together
> in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal
> system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
>
> -- French economist, statesman and author Frederic Bastiast (1801-1850)

PS - you need to re-format your signature.
It's
--[Space]
with the text under here, not on the same line.

From: Rob Clement on
On 12/07/2010 14:53, charles_hancock(a)sbcglobal.net wrote:
> OO,
> I would like to know how to install fonts.Where is the information located ? Your website need to have a help tab for people like me. I wondered everywhere looking for an answer and did not find one.
>
> CH
>
> "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
>
> -- French economist, statesman and author Frederic Bastiast (1801-1850)

Hi CH

Normally this type of question is sent to the users list, but here is
the answer anyway.

Fonts are not directly part of OOo. They are installed as part of your
operating system. For example in windows there is a fonts folder and you
install them there. If you want a more specific answer the please let us
know your operating system and version.

Thanks

Rob

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Harold Fuchs on
Gordon wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 06:53:12 -0700, charles_hancock wrote:
>

>> OO,
>> I would like to know how to install fonts.Where is the information
>> located ? Your website need to have a help tab for people like me. I
>> wondered everywhere looking for an answer and did not find one.
>>
>> CH
>>
>> "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together
>> in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal
>> system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
>>
>> -- French economist, statesman and author Frederic Bastiast (1801-1850)
>>

> PS - you need to re-format your signature.
> It's
> --[Space]
> with the text under here, not on the same line.

The OP isn't seeing your replies because he's not subscribed to this
list and he's not posting via Gmane. Up to you if you want to cc him
explicitly.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

From: Barbara Duprey on
Claire Newell wrote:
> Hi
> Can you stop emailing me please I do not work for the above company
>
> Claire Newell

I have no idea what you mean by "the above company" -- this is a mailing
list for people to discuss the OpenOffice.org open source office suite,
and you somehow subscribed to it.

In any case, none of the volunteers on this list has the authority to
unsubscribe you, you'll need to do that yourself. Send an e-mail to
discuss-unsubscribe-Claire.Newell=sampractice.com(a)openoffice.org. You
should very soon get a confirmation message. Reply to that, and the
subscription should be canceled; you'll get a "Goodbye" message.

This is completely parallel to the usual process for subscribing, which
you seem not to have been through. I'm trying to find out how this can
happen without people really intending it, so I'd very much appreciate a
private response to barb(a)onr.com about that. I'll also be glad to help
you privately if you have any trouble unsubscribing.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org