From: Rod Chapman on
On Aug 7, 8:37 pm, Phil Thornley <phil.jpthorn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahhh, you definitely need to read a bit more about SPARK.  Start with
> the SPARK_LRM in SPARK\2010\docs which has all the background and
> rationale for the language.

The SPARK LRM is not really designed for novices. Much better to start
with
John Barnes' book (most obviously available from amazon.co.uk) or
with the Tokeneer download package and the Tokeneer Discovery Tutorial
package that we did - both available from www.adacore.com/tokeneer
- Rod, SPARK Team
From: Ada novice on
On Aug 8, 1:12 pm, Rod Chapman <roderick.chap...(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:
> The SPARK LRM is not really designed for novices. Much better to start
> with
> John Barnes' book (most obviously available from amazon.co.uk) or
> with the Tokeneer download package and the Tokeneer Discovery Tutorial
> package that we did - both available fromwww.adacore.com/tokeneer
>  - Rod, SPARK Team

Yes the LRM is not a beginner's document. It'll come handy afterwards.
I've heard about Barnes' book and I think that it's the only book
available on SPARK. Thanks for the tokeener link. I need to study the
documents therein.

YC
From: Ada novice on
On Aug 8, 1:44 pm, Ada novice <po...(a)gmx.us> wrote:

> Yes the LRM is not a beginner's document. It'll come handy afterwards.
> I've heard about Barnes' book and I think that it's the only book
> available on SPARK. Thanks for the tokeener link. I need to study the
> documents therein.
>
> YC

I course I meant tokeneer and not tokeener as I wrote. Sorry for this
slip.

YC