From: Chase Douglas on
On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 13:43 -0400, Len Brown wrote:
> Atom C4 works in the current driver in the git tree -- test it now!

Sadly, it seems this isn't helping much. My netbook still idles at ~60
centigrade on and off power. I will verify that before this change I was
able to idle cooler when off power just to be sure.

I do see the C4 state both on and off power, so that's nice at least.
I'm just perplexed why my netbook runs so hot when idle. I even killed X
to see if it was really the gpu that was heating everything inside up,
but it didn't change anything.

-- Chase

From: Chase Douglas on
On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 15:51 -0400, Chase Douglas wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 13:43 -0400, Len Brown wrote:
> > Atom C4 works in the current driver in the git tree -- test it now!
>
> Sadly, it seems this isn't helping much. My netbook still idles at ~60
> centigrade on and off power. I will verify that before this change I was
> able to idle cooler when off power just to be sure.

Well, now I seem unable to reproduce the lower temperatures at all... I
tried the same kernel without your patches and mostly got the same
temperatures. I tried the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 2.6.32 based kernel and it
was two or three centigrade cooler, but not the tens of centigrade
cooler I remembered. I also can't see a big change anymore when power is
plugged in or not. Maybe it was all a matter of usage in different
environments making me think it was related to being plugged into power
or not. Oy vey...

-- Chase