From: rammya.tv on
hi..

i have some doubts regarding interfacing of three adau1701.

-whether same clock(crystal circuit) can be applied to three of them.
-we know for operating in self boot mode EEPROM is needed.
do we need to use three EEPROM for three ic.
In my project i want to save last settings, ie when i switch ON my device
it
should work with previous values for that i need an EEPROM.

-please give a detail idea regarding the addressing of three adau and
EEPROM
three ic's.

with regards
Rammya

From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

rammya.tv wrote:

> hi..
>
> i have some doubts regarding interfacing of three adau1701.
>
> -whether same clock(crystal circuit) can be applied to three of them.

Yes.

> -we know for operating in self boot mode EEPROM is needed.
> do we need to use three EEPROM for three ic.

Don't use EEPROMs. Use microcontroller.

> In my project i want to save last settings, ie when i switch ON my device
> it
> should work with previous values for that i need an EEPROM.

Same microcontroller would do that.

> -please give a detail idea regarding the addressing of three adau and
> EEPROM three ic's.

I am consultant and I provide solutions for money.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com

From: Richard Owlett on
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

> rammya.tv wrote:
>
>> hi..
>>
>> i have some doubts regarding interfacing of three adau1701.
>>
>> -whether same clock(crystal circuit) can be applied to three of them.
>
> Yes.
>
>> -we know for operating in self boot mode EEPROM is needed.
>> do we need to use three EEPROM for three ic.
>
> Don't use EEPROMs. Use microcontroller.

And just how does a microcontroller know/save previous settings
without a memory, be it EEPROM/flash/"Jacquard's cards" ?????

>> In my project i want to save last settings, ie when i switch ON my device
>> it
>> should work with previous values for that i need an EEPROM.
>
> Same microcontroller would do that.

See above.

>> -please give a detail idea regarding the addressing of three adau and
>> EEPROM three ic's.
>
> I am consultant and I provide solutions for money.

You do disservice to ALL consultants.
I suspect OP has misread data sheet and does not appreciate that
the referenced EEPROM is internal to the chip.

Much more basic question.
*WHY* does OP think in terms of *3* chips?

I think it obvious that OP will need a consultant. But why not
lead him to ask the _RIGHT_ questions!!!!!

P.S. my real life experience is more towards instrumentation than
anything related to this