From: qq on
Hi All,

Our computer are deploying an application on client's computer. In the
application, the user can click the button to send the email hiddenly. That
means, the application defined our exchange 2007 server as a SMTP server.
Then send email to our users in the company. Becasue I am worry about if the
computer has some virus which can send a large number of emails to internet,
then our Exchange 2007 will slow down or have some problems. So I want to
find out some way to limit the computer. What I means is that I want that the
email from the application in the client computer just only send to our
internal email address, not to internet.

I thought that I may be need to setup Sender Connector. But I am not sure. I
am new in Exchange administrator. Is any body can give me a idea to solve the
problem?

Thanks a lot.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
How does his client connect to Exchange? In brief, you will need to
configure receive connector(s) to prohibit relay. Without knowing how your
server is configured, I can't tell you what to set. You might want to
search the Internet for "Exchange 2007 SMTP Relay" and start looking at
articles.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..