From: big.daddy1922 on
DOWN load office 2007 free 60 day and after four 1/2 hours it said "cant
install need a newer version?
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
And your Windows Update question is...?

From: Shenan Stanley on
big.daddy1922(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> DOWN load office 2007 free 60 day and after four 1/2 hours it said
> "cant install need a newer version?

What?

If English is not your primary language - I suggest you try posting in a
newsgroup/forum where your native language is prevalent.

If it is - let me try and decipher.

Your subject seems to have something to do with "Internet Explorer" or
"Windows XP Professional" maybe?

Then your message body seems to indicate you downloaded the Microsoft Office
2007 trial (likely - hopefully - from here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101741481033.aspx) and I think
you are saying that then, 270 minutes later, it told you that you cannot
install that and that you need a newer version?

So - let's get some information.

Are you running Windows XP Professional Edition? If so - is it 32 or
64-bit?

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or
64-bit version of the Windows operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What version (if any) of the Microsoft Office products have you had
installed prior to this attempt to install the Microsoft Office 2007 trial?
And are they still installed? (Word? Excel? PowerPoint? Outlook? Does
not have to be the entire suite. Could even just be the Excel or Word or
PowerPoint *viewers*...)

What antivirus software do you utilize? Norton? Symantec? McAfee? eSet?
Avira? AVG? Avast? Something else? And is it up to date?

What antispyware applications do you have? MalwareBytes? SuperAntiSpyware?
Other? And when was the last time you scanned with those?

How much free space do you have on your system (C:\) drive?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP