From: Xah Lee on
On Aug 6, 3:55 am, Peter Moylan <inva...(a)peter.pmoylan.org.invalid>
wrote:
> Xah Lee wrote:
> > Of interest!
>
> > • Bascics of Chinese Punctuation
>
> This is the first useful Xah Lee article I have ever seen. Does this
> reflect a change in attitude?

thank you.

you are from the alt.usage.english crowd, and quite new too. I post
there maybe 3 times this year or last year.

For human language aficionados, the following might be of taste.

• Human Animals and Their Songs
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/sanga_pemci/sanga_pemci.html

• The Tragedy Of Titus Andronicus (with annotation)
http://xahlee.org/p/titus/titus.html

• Gulliver's Travels (with annotation)
http://xahlee.org/p/Gullivers_Travels/gt.html

• The Arabian Nights (with annotation)
http://xahlee.org/p/arabian_nights/index.html

• Language and English
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/bangu/bangu.html

• English Vocabulary
http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/Vocabulary_dir/vocabulary.html

Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄
From: Xah Lee on
On Aug 7, 9:10 am, Amethyst Deceiver <n...(a)lindsayendell.org.uk>
wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 12:34:28 -0700 (PDT), Xah Lee <xah...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Aug 6, 3:55 am, Peter Moylan <inva...(a)peter.pmoylan.org.invalid>
> >wrote:

> >> This is the first useful Xah Lee article I have ever seen. Does this
> >> reflect a change in attitude?
>
> >thank you.
>
> >you are from the alt.usage.english crowd, and quite new too. I post
> >there maybe 3 times this year or last year.
>
> The fact that you think Peter Moylan is new to aue suggests that while
> you post here frequently, you don't actually read the group. Poor
> show.

a quick google group search i found Peter Moylan name in as early as
2003...

yeah am not a regular reader of alt.usage.english (thought i've read
the alt.usage.english faq at least twice, from cover to cover, in
separate years; first time around late 1990s i think)

though i do read replies to my posts of opinion or question, and
probably remember half who have provided useful info to me in the
past. (donna richoux i remember, mike lyle, r h draney, john dean,
alan hope... i vaguely recall i think we exchanged too (and quick
google search confirms) (thank you and thanks to all who have provided
useful info, correction, and discussions.))

.... not so much into chichat... such as all replies in this thread
including this one.

more interested in dense technical info...

no offense is meant by my earlier reply, but i do get into brawls and
one-upmanship at slight provocation and i enjoy it. (but i dont reply
to many idiots who's post has no content except contention in a
driveling manner sans art (typically those are 1 sentence posts
written in 5 secs. Quite common in all newsgroups.))

lol. i went into soliloquy again. Recently been writing a essay about
whether i'm a schizoid or Asperger syndrome...

Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄
From: Peter Moylan on
Athel Cornish-Bowden wrote:
> On 2010-08-07 18:10:27 +0200, Amethyst Deceiver
> <news(a)lindsayendell.org.uk> said:
>

>> The fact that you think Peter Moylan is new to aue suggests that while
>> you post here frequently, you don't actually read the group. Poor
>> show.
>
> Peter is, I think, the Dean of AUE, though he seemed surprised when I
> suggested this some months ago.

I might have to cancel that surprise. I've just discovered that my first
aue articles seem to have appeared three days after the group was created.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.