From: samhas on
Hello,

I've a xen kernel running with Debian Lenny as dom0 and domU. During
bootup it's possible to call a program "ipconfig" from within the
initrd (it's located in the bin directory of the initrd).
My problem is: ipconfig fails to initialize the interface if the vif
interface is given a static ip adress in the domU.cfg. It works well
if I set it to dhcp.
Does someone know something about this ipconfig program - I can't find
any documentation - an how it get's it's configuration parameters?

The problem is only within the initrd phase of booting - later on the
networking is fine in domU with both methods. But I need to have a
initialized interface during booting, because I have to access some
tftp server.

samhas