From: Tytus Rogalewski on
hello guys
i am having very strange problem with my SQUID and iptables.
It is for sure NOT A SQUID ISSUE (i've tested 6 different versions of
squid, 2.7.x , 3.0.x and 3.1.x - and other people dont have this
issue)
In all versions there was one problem. When i use TRANSPARENCY mode
(so i redirect 80 port in iptables via DNAT or REDIRECT)
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.0.2 ! -d
192.168.0.0/24 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8123 # Tytanick
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.0.2 ! -d
192.168.0.0/24 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.1:8123 # Tytanick
i am having problem that pages load SLOWLY - exacly few images load very slowly.
In all cases, my browser cache and squid cache was cleaned.
Just watch a movie that i made and you will see my problem clearly !

You can download zipped html and swf(movie) file from rapidshare: (you
can choose different resolutions)
http://rapidshare.com/files/395636925/iptables_squid_slow_1600.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/395636761/iptables_squid_slow_1440.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/395634867/iptables_squid_slow_1024.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/395632385/iptables_squid_slow_800.rar

OR if you cant download from rapidshare, here are direct links to my
server (with SLOW UPLOAD 50 KB/s - so you will need to wait few mins
:P)
http://sky-link.net/temp/squid/squid_problem/iptables_squid_slow_1600.html
http://sky-link.net/temp/squid/squid_problem/iptables_squid_slow_1440.html
http://sky-link.net/temp/squid/squid_problem/iptables_squid_slow_1024.html
http://sky-link.net/temp/squid/squid_problem/iptables_squid_slow_800.html

my kernel version: linux-2.6.34
iptables: 1.4.3.2
Linux Gentoo
3GHZ core2duo
4GB RAM

--
Z pozdrowieniami
Tytus Rogalewski
From: Alexander Clouter on
Tytus Rogalewski <tytanick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> i am having very strange problem with my SQUID and iptables.
> It is for sure NOT A SQUID ISSUE (i've tested 6 different versions of
> squid, 2.7.x , 3.0.x and 3.1.x - and other people dont have this
> issue)

....I assume you tried removing all your iptables rules (including
unloading all the iptables related modules) and configuring a client
workstation to use squid manually and the problem disappeared?

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
..sigmonster says: Look before you leap.