From: vjp2.at on
*+->
*+->So IRCBRUTE works through the file system?
*+->
*+->*+-There was no need to destroy the fob.
*+->
*+->I agree, but no one was willing to help me fix it.

*+-In what way was it broken that it required fixing? Or is this just a
*+-language thing?

No, they refused to touch the fob. Essentially made me feel I owed it
to them to throw it away. I destroyed it because I wasn;t sure if I
ever left confidential stuff on it.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: vjp2.at on

*+-It loaded via an AutoRun worm.

Oh, shoot! If a CD doesn;t have any suspicious AUTORUN on it, is it
safe to assume it is clean?

So How can I be sure it came from the library (ie Yesterday) and I
wasn't carrying it around longer? I have a few CDs I wrote from that
FOB in December. I used Adobe Acrobat on that fob in January, to
bring home files I got scanned outside. I also used MS Access in
October.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: vjp2.at on
There is a CLAMWIN machine that hasn't updated since the summer. WIll
that machine be secure? When did clamwin learn about ircbrute?

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2

From: David H. Lipman on
From: <vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com>

| *+-It loaded via an AutoRun worm.

| Oh, shoot! If a CD doesn;t have any suspicious AUTORUN on it, is it
| safe to assume it is clean?

| So How can I be sure it came from the library (ie Yesterday) and I
| wasn't carrying it around longer? I have a few CDs I wrote from that
| FOB in December. I used Adobe Acrobat on that fob in January, to
| bring home files I got scanned outside. I also used MS Access in
| October.

There have been instances of malware infected CDROMS. But a very rare case. Much higher
for USB "Masss Storage Devices".

One of the cases I have heard is for CD/DVD ROMs associated with an AutoRun worm was a
deliberate spearphishing attack.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: <vjp2.at(a)at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com>

| There is a CLAMWIN machine that hasn't updated since the summer. WIll
| that machine be secure? When did clamwin learn about ircbrute?

N O !

--
Dave