From: daniel.shaya on
I'll try and keep this brief so in a nutshell:

I have large distributed java system running on a Windows 2003 server
(4cpu 8Gb memory).

Periodically the following exceptions occurs in the servers:

java.net.SocketException: No buffer space available (maximum
connections reached?): recv failed

I know for a fact we are not using too many TCPIP sockets or running
too many socket servers.

I have googled this error and found very little to help me.

What buffer space is this?
What does recv failed mean?

(Is it at all relevant that sql server is running on the same box?)

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Dan

From: iksrazal on
Try running netstat - not sure what the options are on windows since I
haven't used it in a while, on linux its -anc. Paste what it shows -
filter out your ip/port etc. You may want to first post the results to
a Windows networking group or simply google on them. After all that let
us know. Also show the lines of code used to initialize the socket and
jvm version. Briefly explain the type of client/server and netstat on
each.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/