From: kaushal on
Hi,

I have the jmanage init.d bash script. The script works perfectly
fine. when i start the script using sudo /etc/init.d/jmanage start it
starts fine but does not fall to the $ prompt.

I need to enter the return key to fall it back to the $ prompt.
My bash script is here http://paste.ubuntu.com/383452/

Please suggest/guide.

Thanks,

Kaushal
From: kaushal on
On Feb 25, 10:01 am, kaushal <kaushalshri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the jmanage init.d bash script. The script works perfectly
> fine. when i start the script using sudo /etc/init.d/jmanage start it
> starts fine but does not fall to the $ prompt.
>
> I need to enter the return key to fall it back to the $ prompt.
> My bash script is herehttp://paste.ubuntu.com/383452/
>
> Please suggest/guide.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kaushal

I have the jmanage init.d bash script. The script works perfectly
fine. when i start the script using /etc/init.d/jmanage start it
starts fine
but does not fall to the $ prompt. I need to enter the return key to
fall it back to the $ prompt.
My bash init.d script is here http://paste.ubuntu.com/383452/
The startup.sh script is here --> http://paste.ubuntu.com/383471/
The actual issue is here ---> http://paste.ubuntu.com/383465/

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal
From: kaushal on
On Feb 25, 10:46 am, kaushal <kaushalshri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 10:01 am, kaushal <kaushalshri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I have the jmanage init.d bash script. The script works perfectly
> > fine. when i start the script using sudo /etc/init.d/jmanage start it
> > starts fine but does not fall to the $ prompt.
>
> > I need to enter the return key to fall it back to the $ prompt.
> > My bash script is herehttp://paste.ubuntu.com/383452/
>
> > Please suggest/guide.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Kaushal
>
> I have the jmanage init.d bash script. The script works perfectly
> fine. when i start the script using /etc/init.d/jmanage start it
> starts fine
> but does not fall to the $ prompt. I need to enter the return key to
> fall it back to the $ prompt.
> My bash init.d script is herehttp://paste.ubuntu.com/383452/
> The startup.sh script is here -->http://paste.ubuntu.com/383471/
> The actual issue is here --->http://paste.ubuntu.com/383465/
>
> Please suggest.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Kaushal

Hi,

I found out that java doesn't return. it doesn't run in the
background. is there a way to handle this situation ?

Thanks,

Kaushal
From: Dominic Fandrey on
On 25/02/2010 07:23, kaushal wrote:
> On Feb 25, 10:46 am, kaushal <kaushalshri...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have the jmanage init.d bash script. The script works perfectly
>> fine. when i start the script using /etc/init.d/jmanage start it
>> starts fine
>> but does not fall to the $ prompt. I need to enter the return key to
>> fall it back to the $ prompt.
>> My bash init.d script is herehttp://paste.ubuntu.com/383452/
>> The startup.sh script is here -->http://paste.ubuntu.com/383471/
>> The actual issue is here --->http://paste.ubuntu.com/383465/
>
> I found out that java doesn't return. it doesn't run in the
> background. is there a way to handle this situation ?

Actually you are already starting it in the background and it
does fork and the terminal is ready to execute your commands
right from the moment this line appears:
root(a)host0072:~# Feb 24, 2010 9:28:18 PM org.jmanage.core.util.CoreUtils <clinit>

However the output is still happening on your terminal, so you
either live with it or redirect the output somewhere else.
The error console, a log file, /dev/null. The possibilities
depend on your platform and the rest on your requirements.

--
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?