From: Philip on
When I try to use a stopaction progeam I get an "out of range" error.

this does not happen wirh any of my many programs.

carlreade wrote:

Out of range monitor problem -
06-Feb-07

Help!

I have had an out of range problem - windows media centre allowed me
to change the resolution higher than it should have been. Now I cannot
start the pc on my screen as the monitor says "Out of Range".

I have tried starting safe mode with no luck (F8 trick for about two
hours!!!)

It is a HP Pavillion a1620.

Any ideas on how to force the resolution down? I have no other
monitors to use, and no XP disks came with the PC (it is
preinstalled).

I have tried searching with no luck.

thanks

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:20 PM
carlreade wrote:

Out of range monitor problem -
Help!

I have had an out of range problem - windows media centre allowed me
to change the resolution higher than it should have been. Now I cannot
start the pc on my screen as the monitor says "Out of Range".

I have tried starting safe mode with no luck (F8 trick for about two
hours!!!)

It is a HP Pavillion a1620.

Any ideas on how to force the resolution down? I have no other
monitors to use, and no XP disks came with the PC (it is
preinstalled).

I have tried searching with no luck.

thanks

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:27 PM
philo wrote:

Your timing must be wrong...
Your timing must be wrong...
hit F8 right after the bios message and just before the OS loads

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:46 PM
carlreade wrote:

Re: Out of range monitor problem -
unfortunately I dont get the bios message, straight after switching
the computer on i get Out of Range.

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:16 PM
Jaymo wrote:

Re: Out of range monitor problem -
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph04760&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3285319&rule=3672&lang=en
See step 4 may help..?
Cheers
j;-j

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:32 PM
carlreade wrote:

Re: Out of range monitor problem -
cheers
have actually fixed by amending msconfig blindly, then system restore

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:46 PM
notsure wrote:

Is it a usb keyboard..?
Is it a usb keyboard..?

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 6:52 PM
philo wrote:

Nice save!!!!
Nice save!!!!

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips & Tricks # 7
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/7408977b-53c0-4247-a158-cbb9edf9f4f2/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx
From: Shenan Stanley on
Nice subject change... (sarcasm)

See the entire original and 2 year and many month old conversation:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware/browse_frm/thread/4e818b23550d13ba/

Philip Streun wrote:
> When I try to use a stopaction progeam I get an "out of range"
> error.
>
> this does not happen wirh any of my many programs.

So.. It happens or it doesn't?

What is the exact message?
Is it an error in Windows or on your monitor?
What is this "stopaction progeam" you speak of?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: VanguardLH on
Philip Streun wrote:

> When I try to use a stopaction progeam I get an "out of range" error.
>
> this does not happen wirh any of my many programs.

Thanks for that declarative statement although no one in that thread is
monitoring it anymore.

> carlreade wrote - 34 MONTHS AGO:
<snip - nobody cares after that long except as reference-only material>
<snip - removed all the improperly formatted quoted posts>

Yeah, no surprise there. A boob that can't bother to notice the datestamps
while using leech site that pretends to have forums by running a webnews-
for-dummies interface that submits improperly formatted posts through a
gateway to Usenet (aka newsgroups).