From: Tony Breeds on
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:44:40AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:

> It makes me wonder if anyone had success building a gcc 4.5
> Intel-to-sparc64 cross-compiler ? Usually, the crosstool-like suites are
> a few versions behind. I'm aware that this is not trivial, as
> cross-compilers have a tendency to refuse to get built in certain
> occasions (such as being a recent less tested version). I'd recommend
> you focus on this as a first step before resubmitting.

I'm building (and uploading to kernel.org[1]) 4.4.4 and 4.5.0 toolchains.
They're untested on anything otyher than the system I built them on.

Give it 24 hours and then try'em

Yours Tony
[1] http://kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/${host_arch}/ [2]
[2] currently only i686 and x86_64, powerpc64 are comming.
From: Mathieu Desnoyers on
* Tony Breeds (tony(a)bakeyournoodle.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 11:44:40AM -0400, Mathieu Desnoyers wrote:
>
> > It makes me wonder if anyone had success building a gcc 4.5
> > Intel-to-sparc64 cross-compiler ? Usually, the crosstool-like suites are
> > a few versions behind. I'm aware that this is not trivial, as
> > cross-compilers have a tendency to refuse to get built in certain
> > occasions (such as being a recent less tested version). I'd recommend
> > you focus on this as a first step before resubmitting.
>
> I'm building (and uploading to kernel.org[1]) 4.4.4 and 4.5.0 toolchains.
> They're untested on anything otyher than the system I built them on.

Cool !!!

Thanks a lot Tony.

Mathieu

--