From: Roy on
Hello group,
One acquiantance of mine had his networked PC infected with khq
virus...
Is there a best way to remove the pesky malware and prevent the PC
from reinfection?
His PC is protected by AVG antivirus free edition.
TIA
Roy
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Roy" <roybasan(a)gmail.com>

| Hello group,
| One acquiantance of mine had his networked PC infected with khq
| virus...
| Is there a best way to remove the pesky malware and prevent the PC
| from reinfection?
| His PC is protected by AVG antivirus free edition.
| TIA
| Roy

What is a "khq" virus ?

Is that truly a virus ?
Is 'khg' a file name ?

Please be more specific.

--
Dave

From: Roy on
On Dec 11, 7:30 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:
> From: "Roy" <royba...(a)gmail.com>
>
> | Hello group,
> | One acquiantance of mine had his networked PC infected with khq
> | virus...
> | Is there a best way to remove  the pesky malware and prevent  the PC
> | from reinfection?
> | His PC is protected by AVG antivirus free edition.
> | TIA
> | Roy
>
> What is a "khq" virus ?
>
> Is that truly a virus ?
> Is 'khg' a file name ?
>
> Please be more specific.
>
> --
> Davehttp://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
> Multi-AV -http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Maybe this is sometthing like this?
http://www.antivirusprogram.se/virusinfo/Troj/Agent-KHQ_33100.html
http://www.tongjimba.com/viruswiki/viruswiki/viruswiki_58856.html
He said that the virus is installed through network and external
drives and if its in the PC it will not act.
The file itself forms a folder that have a weird alphabet like name
which changes its form continuously.
You can delete it but it kept returning back.
When you accidentally double click the file that contains it ,it
multipliesl.
When it attack the PC makes it crash and sometimes keeps rebooting by
itself...

It was reputed that not any of the well known antivirus tools can
effectively remove this pesky malware....
Any ideas.... how to remove this pernicious malware?
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Roy" <roybasan(a)gmail.com>

| Maybe this is sometthing like this?
| http://www.antivirusprogram.se/virusinfo/Troj/Agent-KHQ_33100.html
| http://www.tongjimba.com/viruswiki/viruswiki/viruswiki_58856.html
| He said that the virus is installed through network and external
| drives and if its in the PC it will not act.
| The file itself forms a folder that have a weird alphabet like name
| which changes its form continuously.
| You can delete it but it kept returning back.
| When you accidentally double click the file that contains it ,it
| multipliesl.
| When it attack the PC makes it crash and sometimes keeps rebooting by
| itself...

| It was reputed that not any of the well known antivirus tools can
| effectively remove this pesky malware....
| Any ideas.... how to remove this pernicious malware?

Number one, it is a trojan and not a virus.

Number two is you have it backwards.
Troj/Agent-KHQ

It is a "Trojan Agent" of variant khq.

Since it is identified by Sophos, use the Sophos module in my Mulat-AV Scanning Tool.

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>

| Since it is identified by Sophos, use the Sophos module in my Mulat-AV Scanning Tool.

LOL

Since it is identified by Sophos, use the Sophos module in my Multy-AV Scanning Tool.

--
Dave