From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
Stefan Moeding <Feb2010.2.kill-9(a)spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> RICCARDO writes:
>
>> 1a - Sendmail is running
>> 1b - killall is issued as root
>>
>> I'm creating bash script to force sendmail to reload configuration,
>> first I'm usually to use "killall -HUP squid" , but
>> why this command doesn't work in debian lenny ?
>
> The name of the process is not sendmail in lenny:
>
> # ps axo pid,user,comm | grep sendmail
> 11462 root sendmail-mta
> 11490 smmsp sendmail-msp
>

> Either specifiy "sendmail-mta" or use --regexp for the killall
> command.

I recommend "Debian specific" approach:
# recompile sendmail configuration files (*.cf and tables)
make -C /etc/mail
# reload new configuration into sendmail daemons
# [not required if *only* tables (db files) has been changed
/etc/init.d/sendmail reload"

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
Open-Sendmail: http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/