From: rosi on
ku ingin yg ku mau

Nic wrote:

Multimedia Audio Controller Driver and Others
16-Mar-08

Hey, I recently cleaned off my whole desktop computer and with that i lost
all the drivers. I need the following Drivers for a Dell Dimension 4700 with
windows xp home edition version 2002 SP2

It is a Intel(R) Petium 4 CPU 2.80GHz 512 Ram

I NEED THE LINKS TO THE FOLLOWING DRIVERS:
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Modem
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA compatible)

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

On Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:44 PM
Nic wrote:

Multimedia Audio Controller Driver and Others
Hey, I recently cleaned off my whole desktop computer and with that i lost
all the drivers. I need the following Drivers for a Dell Dimension 4700 with
windows xp home edition version 2002 SP2

It is a Intel(R) Petium 4 CPU 2.80GHz 512 Ram

I NEED THE LINKS TO THE FOLLOWING DRIVERS:
Multimedia Audio Controller
PCI Modem
Video Controller
Video Controller (VGA compatible)

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

On Sunday, March 16, 2008 3:46 PM
DL wrote:

Well since its a Dell I guess Dell support might be the place to go, dont you
Well since its a Dell I guess Dell support might be the place to go, dont
you think?

On Sunday, March 16, 2008 6:07 PM
Paul wrote:

Re: Multimedia Audio Controller Driver and Others
Nick wrote:

I can see Sound and Video entries on the left sidebar here.
http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&k=Dimension+4700&rpp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd&rf=all&nk=f&ira=False&~srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False

If it was my computer, I'd get a copy of Everest or Sisoftware
Sandra, and list the hardware there. Then, knowing the brand
and model of the various extra items, track down drivers
from there.

Everest Free (up to date versions sold on the lavalys.com web site)

For built-in sound ("Multimedia Audio Controller"), the Dell link
above is definitely the best source. Those driver downloads tend
to be a bit custom in nature, and there isn't a single Analog
Devices driver that handles everything. So tracking down
built-in sound can be a pain, and using the Dell link is
the easiest alternative.

But for other things that take the form of "add-in" cards,
like if there was an ATI video card in a video card slot,
then going to the ATI site might give you a driver.

Video can also be built-in, but if you can figure out the
make and model of the chipset on the motherboard, then
the chipset maker may have some nice drivers for the
hardware.

Dell may have a lot of the stuff, if you can go through their
list and figure out what file you should be downloading
and using.

For the modem, "PCI modem" doesn't mean anything to us, and
there are a gazillion brands/models of modems out there.
The Dell list may be the best source for that one as well.

Knowing and understanding just what hardware is in the computer,
is still important, as the Dell list may contain more drivers
than there is hardware in your computer. If the computer had some
optional hardware, drivers for it may be in the Dell list. So
the user still needs to know what is inside the computer, to
intelligently select drivers to try.

Paul

On Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:17 PM
DL wrote:

Since its a Dell its probably a waste of time looking anywhere but Dell"Paul"
Since its a Dell its probably a waste of time looking anywhere but Dell

On Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:55 PM
PaulMaudib wrote:

Re: Multimedia Audio Controller Driver and Others
On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:44:06 -0700, Nick
<Nick(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Ask Dell.

Go to their website and then select Support. When prompted, put in
your system's Service Tag (it's on a label on the case somewhere).
You will be presented, at that point, with just about EVERYTHING you
could need in terms of downloads, drivers, and support for your
computer.

On Monday, June 08, 2009 3:35 AM
okull wrote:

Multimedia Audio Controller Driver
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

C# And The Little Iterator That Could
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f0cfca12-7398-4b84-a232-0ae26adaa533/c-and-the-little-iterato.aspx