From: Kramer! on
I have a five year old Compaq Presario M2000 laptop that will not
charge or run on ac power anymore. It still powers up fine on battery
power, but once the battery runs out, it'll be over...
I have had issues in the past with the power connector on this laptop,
but was always able to fix the problem by resoldering the connector to
the board. This time, no luck. I'm wondering if the power adapter
may now be bad. But I hate to spend $40+ on a new power adapter (or
more for a universal adapter) without knowing for sure that is the
problem. Is there a way to test the power adapter? If I knew someone
with a compatable adapter, I'd just borrow it and see if the laptop
works on ac power with a known good power adapter. Any ideas?

-Pat
From: Starain on
www.laptop-battery-inc.co.uk
"Kramer!" <cosmo_kramer1(a)rocketmail.com>
??????:1202a3fb-00eb-4680-a7a1-2864a6424df6(a)p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...

From: Frank Hahn on
> "Kramer!" <cosmo_kramer1(a)rocketmail.com>
> ??????:1202a3fb-00eb-4680-a7a1-2864a6424df6
@p24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
>>I have a five year old Compaq Presario M2000 laptop that will not
>> charge or run on ac power anymore. It still powers up fine on
>> battery power, but once the battery runs out, it'll be over...

I recently had the same symptoms from my daughters HP laptop. I tested the
power adapter with a voltmeter just to see if there was any output, which
there wasn't.

--
Frank Hahn