From: dessie on
I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as
if the battery was low but the icon said it was charging. It remained at 2%
and never rose up to full charge. When I take it off mains power the screen
brightens up like it was fully charged but i get a message saing i should
switch to mains outlet as the power was low. Any body any ideas what is going
wrong. I tried another power adaptor but still the same result.
From: Etaoin Shrdlu on
On 5/16/2010 11:18 AM, dessie wrote:
> I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was dull as
> if the battery was low but the icon said it was charging. It remained at 2%
> and never rose up to full charge. When I take it off mains power the screen
> brightens up like it was fully charged but i get a message saing i should
> switch to mains outlet as the power was low. Any body any ideas what is going
> wrong. I tried another power adaptor but still the same result.
What was it you didn't like about the answers you got to this question
yesterday?
From: Chuck on
On 5/16/2010 3:46 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
> On 5/16/2010 11:18 AM, dessie wrote:
>> I recently put on my laptop and when it booted up ok the screen was
>> dull as
>> if the battery was low but the icon said it was charging. It remained
>> at 2%
>> and never rose up to full charge. When I take it off mains power the
>> screen
>> brightens up like it was fully charged but i get a message saing i should
>> switch to mains outlet as the power was low. Any body any ideas what
>> is going
>> wrong. I tried another power adaptor but still the same result.
> What was it you didn't like about the answers you got to this question
> yesterday?

We weren't able to wave or hands and make the power problem go away?

I can sort of understand, since this sort of thing happened some years
ago to one of our laptops. Finally, the internal power supply up and
died, out of warranty, of course. The repair bill was $100 less than the
then current used value.