From: Rajen.Jani on
Hello eveyone,

I have just about gone mad with this problem. I am trying to
send my mail remotely via thunderbird but what happens is that
it connects to the postfix server and as this happens the maillog
gives the following error:

Sep 18 15:27:57 ldap postfix/cleanup[68993]: fatal: open database usr/
local/etc/postfix/virtual.db: No such file or directory
Sep 18 15:27:58 ldap postfix/master[67922]: warning: process /usr/
local/libexec/postfix/cleanup pid 68993 exit status 1
Sep 18 15:27:58 ldap postfix/master[67922]: warning: /usr/local/
libexec/postfix/cleanup: bad command startup -- throttling

Now I have entered the following in the virtual file:

vnayak(a)my-domain.com vnayak then I did this:

postmap virtual

This produces the virtual.db file.

I then do "postfix reload"

Postfix restarts.

And as soon as I try to send mail from thunderbird I get the same
error on the postfix maillog. I really have no clue what to do. If I
get rid of the virtual.db
file and not bother with it at all then I will get a relay access
error. This has been clearly documented on the Postfix website. I
don't know what is irritating this server.

I can send emails from the server quite well and my pop3 server works
ok. I am not using any authentications at the moment. I will do that
once the basic is sorted.

Any help will be much appreciated.

P.S. in my main.cf

I have put

virtual_alias_domains = my-domain.com
virtual_alias_maps = hash:usr/local/etc/postfix/virtual

and I am using FreeBSD 6

Thanks

Rajen