From: m listus on
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with postfix smtp delivery.
One of our destination sites has its servers stopping receiving messages when they reach 20, and that is per connection.

So I need to tell postfix to send at most 20 messages per connection, and reconnect again.

I looked up smtp_*_limit options but they didn't correspond to what i needed.

Regards,
mlistus

From: Wietse Venema on
m listus:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm having a problem with postfix smtp delivery.
> One of our destination sites has its servers stopping receiving messages when they reach 20, and that is per connection.
>
> So I need to tell postfix to send at most 20 messages per connection, and reconnect again.
>
> I looked up smtp_*_limit options but they didn't correspond to what i needed.

See http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html

Wietse

From: m listus on
Hello Wietse,

So I guess the default behavior does fill my needs (10 < max=20).

smtp_connection_cache_reuse_limit (default: 10)

Thank you!

Regards,
mlistus

From: Wietse Venema on
m listus:
> So I need to tell postfix to send at most 20 messages per connection,
> and reconnect again.

Wietse:
> See http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html

m listus:
>So I guess the default behavior does fill my needs (10 < max=20).
>smtp_connection_cache_reuse_limit (default: 10)

As documented in http://www.postfix.org/CONNECTION_CACHE_README.html:

With Postfix 2.2 the use count is limited with the
smtp_connection_cache_reuse_limit configuration parameter. With
Postfix 2.3 this is replaced by a time limit which is specified
with the smtp_connection_reuse_time_limit parameter.