From: bryankrone on
I was wondering how to setup a wireless card under linux to be able to
connect ad-hoc as well as managed mode to a wireless network. I have a
mobile computer and a mobile printer that can communicate in ad-hoc
mode when they are together in the field. When I bring the mobile
computer back to my stationary managed mode wireless network I want to
be able to connect and download info that was gathered in the field
from the mobile. How do I connect from the ad-hoc mode wireless
mobile card to the managed mode stationary card? Do I have to disable
and re-enable the mobile card every time?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bryan