From: Michal Marek on
On 11.6.2010 17:13, Takeo Tung wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I using linux-next-20100608 kernel, but if re-complier the kernel will
> found
> this messages.
>
> root(a)kernel-x86:/usr/src/linux# make oldconfig
> HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
> /bin/sh: scripts/basic/fixdep: Permission denied
> make[1]: *** [scripts/basic/fixdep] Error 1
> make: *** [scripts_basic] Error 2
>
> But if I revert this patch, seems all back to normal, pls help me this is
> bug patch or need adjust some system config?
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commitdiff;h=9d9b938248736826e86db9b16a3b435bdb5d649f

Do I understand it correctly that you can't rebuild your kernel if
you're running linux-next-20100608 and that the problem goes away if you
revert the above patch, recompile somewhere else and boot the new
kernel? I.e. it's unlikely a problem with fixdep itself?

Adding Christoph Hellwig to cc.

Michal