From: Randy Dunlap on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 15:26:28 +1000 Stephen Rothwell wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are in the merge window again. I remind you all not to add stuff for
> 2.6.36 to your linux-next trees until after 2.6.35-rc1.
>
> Changes since 20100526:

when CONFIG_INFINIBAND_QIB=y and CONFIG_DCA=m:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_update_sdma_dca':
qib_iba7322.c:(.text+0x409219): undefined reference to `dca3_get_tag'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_update_rhdrq_dca':
qib_iba7322.c:(.text+0x40a1f9): undefined reference to `dca3_get_tag'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_setup_7322_cleanup':
qib_iba7322.c:(.text+0x40f91f): undefined reference to `dca_remove_requester'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `qib_init_iba7322_funcs':
(.text+0x419b6f): undefined reference to `dca_add_requester'

However, it looks like qib needs to handle DCA config in a way that
is similar to how it is handled in drivers/net/{myri10ge,igb,ixgbe}/
instead of assuming that DCA is enabled.

And please fix the linux-next 2010-may-25 reported qib problem:
http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/5/25/321

---
~Randy
From: Roland Dreier on
> However, it looks like qib needs to handle DCA config in a way that
> is similar to how it is handled in drivers/net/{myri10ge,igb,ixgbe}/
> instead of assuming that DCA is enabled.

Looks like we're just going to rip out DCA support for now.

> And please fix the linux-next 2010-may-25 reported qib problem:
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/5/25/321

I think that should be fixed in my for-next branch already (at least I
have a patch from Ralph called "IB/qib: Fix undefined symbol error when
CONFIG_PCI_MSI=n" in there).

- R.
--
Roland Dreier <rolandd(a)cisco.com> || For corporate legal information go to:
From: Randy Dunlap on
On 05/27/10 14:45, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > However, it looks like qib needs to handle DCA config in a way that
> > is similar to how it is handled in drivers/net/{myri10ge,igb,ixgbe}/
> > instead of assuming that DCA is enabled.
>
> Looks like we're just going to rip out DCA support for now.
>
> > And please fix the linux-next 2010-may-25 reported qib problem:
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/5/25/321
>
> I think that should be fixed in my for-next branch already (at least I
> have a patch from Ralph called "IB/qib: Fix undefined symbol error when
> CONFIG_PCI_MSI=n" in there).

Sounds good. Was is posted to linux-rdma?

thanks,
--
~Randy
From: Ralph Campbell on
On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 15:06 -0700, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 05/27/10 14:45, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > > However, it looks like qib needs to handle DCA config in a way that
> > > is similar to how it is handled in drivers/net/{myri10ge,igb,ixgbe}/
> > > instead of assuming that DCA is enabled.
> >
> > Looks like we're just going to rip out DCA support for now.
> >
> > > And please fix the linux-next 2010-may-25 reported qib problem:
> > > http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/5/25/321
> >
> > I think that should be fixed in my for-next branch already (at least I
> > have a patch from Ralph called "IB/qib: Fix undefined symbol error when
> > CONFIG_PCI_MSI=n" in there).
>
> Sounds good. Was is posted to linux-rdma?
>
> thanks,

Yes, I posted it to linux-rdma.

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg04140.html

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg04187.html