From: Stephen Rothwell on
Hi Tejun,

Today's linux-next merge of the workqueues tree got a conflict in
fs/cifs/cifsfs.c between commit 4c0c03ca54f72fdd5912516ad0a23ec5cf01bda7
("CIFS: Fix a malicious redirect problem in the DNS lookup code") from
Linus' tree and commit 9b646972467fb5fdc677f9e4251875db20bdbb64 ("cifs:
use workqueue instead of slow-work") from the workqueues tree.

I fixed it up (I think - I removed the call to cifs_exit_dns_resolver()
as there is no way to get to that code any more) and can carry the fix
for a while.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr(a)canb.auug.org.au
From: Tejun Heo on
Hello, Stephen.

On 07/23/2010 06:46 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Tejun,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the workqueues tree got a conflict in
> fs/cifs/cifsfs.c between commit 4c0c03ca54f72fdd5912516ad0a23ec5cf01bda7
> ("CIFS: Fix a malicious redirect problem in the DNS lookup code") from
> Linus' tree and commit 9b646972467fb5fdc677f9e4251875db20bdbb64 ("cifs:
> use workqueue instead of slow-work") from the workqueues tree.
>
> I fixed it up (I think - I removed the call to cifs_exit_dns_resolver()
> as there is no way to get to that code any more) and can carry the fix
> for a while.

Yes, one failure case is removed, so that would be correct. Thank you
very much for taking care of the conflict.

--
tejun
From: Tejun Heo on
Hello,

On 07/23/2010 01:31 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>> Yes, one failure case is removed, so that would be correct.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation. This should probably be fixed in the
> workqueues tree before it is merged upstream.

I was thinking about sending pull request w/ a note describing how to
resolve the conflict. Would pulling in master before requesting pull
be better?

Thanks.

--
tejun
From: Stephen Rothwell on
Hi Tejun,

http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/
From: Tejun Heo on
Hello,

On 07/23/2010 01:42 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:34:55 +0200 Tejun Heo <tj(a)kernel.org> wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking about sending pull request w/ a note describing how to
>> resolve the conflict. Would pulling in master before requesting pull
>> be better?
>
> Either would work. Linus is fine with doing merge fixups and, after all,
> I figured it out. :-)
>
> A description always helps, of course.

Yeah, sorry about causng headaches in linux-next. I'll test merge w/
mainline and let you know non-trivial conflicts for future commits.

Thank you.

--
tejun