From: emoon on
On Jan 3, 7:37 am, D Herring <dherr...(a)at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
> steven yip wrote:
> > hi guys,
>
> > I was trying to run some codes using lispworks:
>
> > (create-table [detail]
> >                            '(([id] integer)
> >                              ([item] (string 25))
> >                              ([quantity] integer)))
>
> > But this came out.
>
> > Error: Foreign function MYSQL:CLSQL-MYSQL-FIELD-FLAGS trying to call
> > to unresolved external function "clsql_mysql_field_flags".
>
> I'm not an expert in either lispworks or clsql, but this error message
> translates to the following.
>
> CLSQL uses a "foreign" (non-lisp, e.g. C or C++) library.
> Create-table called the MYSQL:CLSQL-MYSQL-FIELD-FLAGS lisp function
> which tried using it, but the Foreign Function Interface (FFI) failed
> to find the clsql_mysql_field_flags function in this foreign library.
>
> Judging by the name (the clsql_mysql prefix), it looks like CLSQL has
> some C code that glues it to MySQL.  Did that glue library compile
> when you installed CLSQL?  Did it get loaded into Lispworks before you
> called create-table?
>
> Hope that helps,
> Daniel

Hi,

I'm quite new to Lisp and I ran into the same problem today.

In my case it was because of the file clsql_mysql.dll didn't work
correct (that is when using it under windows).
If this was due to some broken dependency in the dll or not I'm not
sure of but I rebuilt the dll and the problem was fixed.
I'm not sure if this will help you but hopefully it will.

Cheers!

Daniel