From: Clive Page on
In message
<f4aa4f4d-6704-4d3e-b312-0ccd91d6f25a(a)x24g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
rudra <bnrj.rudra(a)gmail.com> writes
>Dear friends,
>I have a old package in f77. I am using some feature of this in my own
>code. I am "make"ing the full package of the old one, but not using
>all of them. I can not, by hand check which subroutirens/functions/
>entries are actually called and which are not called but compiled.
>Is there any way to check or list this?
>I am using ifort and gfortran in linux machine.

If it is truly Fortran77 code with only a minimum of more modern
features, the utility FTNCHEK may be useful. It can be persuaded to
produce a call-tree, for example. Of course in any actual run not all
of your procedures may get to be called, depending on the logic of the
code, but there is no way to examine the code statically to determine
this. Running using prof/gprof is a way of finding what is actually
being invoked.

--
Clive Page