From: Thomas A. Russ on
tar(a)sevak.isi.edu (Thomas A. Russ) writes:

> Patrick May <patrick(a)softwarematters.org> writes:
>
> > I have an issue where two lists, one loaded from a database and one
> > received from a web client, render identically with format but don't
> > compare equal with either equal or tree-equal. What could cause this?
>
> In addition to what Pillsy said, you may be able to find the differences
> by using the MISMATCH function to see where the two lists diverge. That
> can give you a clue.

Oh, and don't forget to include the :TEST #'EQUAL keyword.

--
Thomas A. Russ, USC/Information Sciences Institute

From: Patrick May on
tar(a)sevak.isi.edu (Thomas A. Russ) writes:
> Patrick May <patrick(a)softwarematters.org> writes:
>> I have an issue where two lists, one loaded from a database and
>> one received from a web client, render identically with format but
>> don't compare equal with either equal or tree-equal. What could
>> cause this?
>
> In addition to what Pillsy said, you may be able to find the
> differences by using the MISMATCH function to see where the two lists
> diverge. That can give you a clue.

That's my new function for the day. Lisp really does have everything!

Thanks,

Patrick

http://www.softwarematters.org
Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO systems design and
implementation. (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)