From: CC99 on
Hi,

I am running SQL Server Express 2008 and VWD 2008 Express on a Vista PC.

When using MSSMC to create a stored procedure - everything will work fine
unless I restart my PC. On restarting my PC after logging onto MSSMC I can
no longer see my database - and when running my website in VWD express I get
a logon failure - even though VWD database explorer can see the database.

I found a work around for this which was to create the store procedure
within VWD itself however now every now and then I get the logon failure. My
database is still visible within MSSMC and I can get over the logon failure
by restarting the server instance.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with UAC but can't get to the
bottom of it. Has anyone any ideas??

BTW I am completely new to SQL Server so please bear with me.

Cheers

Chris
From: CC99 on
Update to above problem In case anyone is having the same thing:

I added user instance = false to my connection string and so far that seems
to have fixed it

sorry if iam being clueless but If anyone can shed light on why this fixes
it that would be great

thanks chris

Pages: 1
Prev: SSIS