From: Glenn Holmer on
I'm looking for code to quickly scroll the C64 hi-res screen (data
only, not caring about color). I want to scroll 160 scan lines upward
from line 24 to line 15. What's the fastest way to do it?
From: MagerValp on
On 25 Apr, 11:57, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for code to quickly scroll the C64 hi-res screen (data
> only, not caring about color). I want to scroll 160 scan lines upward
> from line 24 to line 15. What's the fastest way to do it?

Linecrunch:

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/index.php?roomid=11&topicid=3607
From: Glenn Holmer on
On Apr 25, 6:17 am, MagerValp <magerv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 Apr, 11:57, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for code to quickly scroll the C64 hi-res screen (data
> > only, not caring about color). I want to scroll 160 scan lines upward
> > from line 24 to line 15. What's the fastest way to do it?
>
> Linecrunch:
>
>  http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/index.php?roomid=11&topicid=3607

Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit less exotic (just a good
algorithm to move the memory).
From: Lars Haugseth on
* Glenn Holmer <glenn.holmer(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 25, 6:17 am, MagerValp <magerv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 25 Apr, 11:57, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm looking for code to quickly scroll the C64 hi-res screen (data
>> > only, not caring about color). I want to scroll 160 scan lines upward
>> > from line 24 to line 15. What's the fastest way to do it?
>>
>> Linecrunch:
>>
>>  http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/index.php?roomid=11&topicid=3607
>
> Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit less exotic (just a good
> algorithm to move the memory).

Then forget about quickly (unless you're happy with making a REU
with DMA copy a requirement.)

Not really much to be done algorithm-wise when moving memory, you'd
have to make a loop with simple LDA/STA addr,x and unroll it enough
to minimize loop overhead and still keep the code relatively small.

--
Lars Haugseth
From: Groepaz on
Glenn Holmer wrote:

> On Apr 25, 6:17 am, MagerValp <magerv...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 25 Apr, 11:57, Glenn Holmer <glenn.hol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm looking for code to quickly scroll the C64 hi-res screen (data
>> > only, not caring about color). I want to scroll 160 scan lines upward
>> > from line 24 to line 15. What's the fastest way to do it?
>>
>> Linecrunch:
>>
>> http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/index.php?roomid=11&topicid=3607
>
> Thanks, but I was looking for something a bit less exotic (just a good
> algorithm to move the memory).

it isnt "exotic" really... its the standard way to scroll bitmap quickly :)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Die USA ist die freieste Diktatur die es in Amerika gibt.