From: Dena on
Hi!!
I hope I can do this because it would make my job so much easier. I have 6
workbooks. One workbook has a list of new clients on it (I'll call that file
Gains) the other 5 have potential clients (I'll call those files PC1, PC2,
PC3,etc). I would like to put a formula in the workbooks named PC that would
match the address that is in file PC to the address in file Gains. The
address in PC is in column D and in column H on the Gains file. I would like
to have the customer number come back as the result of the formula, the
customer's number is located in the Gains file in column D. Our would this
just be easier if I set up a small access database?
From: Eduardo on
Hi,

=index(Gains!$D$1:$D$10000,match(d2,gain!$H$1:$H$10000,0))