From: "Sharma, Ashish" on
Hi,

I have setup a postfix mail receiving server and deployed DKIM and SID+SPF milter by referring (http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html).

Now things are working fine but at times some of the mails that are received on my postfix are rejected with error code 550 and they receive a message like 'bad DKIM signature data (state 18)'.

e.g.: someone who sent a mail with blank body and no attachment to my postfix received the above message on his gmail account.

What is this problem about, any clues?

Thanks in advance

Ashish Sharma

From: Noel Jones on
On 5/12/2010 1:53 PM, Sharma, Ashish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup a postfix mail receiving server and deployed DKIM and SID+SPF milter by referring (http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html).
>
> Now things are working fine but at times some of the mails that are received on my postfix are rejected with error code 550 and they receive a message like 'bad DKIM signature data (state 18)'.
>
> e.g.: someone who sent a mail with blank body and no attachment to my postfix received the above message on his gmail account.
>

> What is this problem about, any clues?

Don't reject mail just because DKIM or SPF failed.

IMO the only reasonable way to use DKIM & SPF are as parts of
a scoring system such as SpamAssassin. It's too common for
legit mail to fail these tests.

If you don't want to use SpamAssassin, configure your milters
to add Authentication-Results: headers rather than rejecting
failures.

-- Noel Jones

From: mouss on
Sharma, Ashish a �crit :
> Hi,
>
> I have setup a postfix mail receiving server and deployed DKIM and SID+SPF milter by referring (http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html).
>
> Now things are working fine but at times some of the mails that are received on my postfix are rejected with error code 550 and they receive a message like 'bad DKIM signature data (state 18)'.
>
> e.g.: someone who sent a mail with blank body and no attachment to my postfix received the above message on his gmail account.
>

> What is this problem about, any clues?

do not reject mail because of dkim.