From: Ansgar Wiechers on
On 2010-04-24 Danny wrote:
> And you do not inspire much confidence in the IT industry if you think
> your answer was helpfull. My personal advice to you ... get away from
> your screen every now and then ... there is a real life if you just
> open your front door.
>
>>On Apr 23 10, /dev/rob0 :
>>
>> PS: Danny does not inspire much confidence in the aviation industry.
>> A bit of unsolicited personal advice to him: tone down the bragging.

http://slash7.com/2006/12/22/vampires/

Reply-To set to myself, as this is getting off-topic.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky

From: Kris Deugau on
Danny wrote:
> HI ,
>
> I am well aware that postfix plays no part in the process I describe below,

.... but then you say:

> merely wanted to know if the mailbox_command would play a part in it.

?

mailbox_command is a Postfix *configuration directive*, not a binary,
script, or other Postfix-related file. So if you're not passing your
mail through Postfix from fetchmail, Postfix configuration has no effect
on what fetchmail does with your mail.

> Don't you think that "it must be a bug" is a bit superflous? No it is not, it is
> the easiest way to send a first time poster on his way. It is obviuos that you
> have better things to discuss on this mailing than answer simple questions. Why don't
> you make this list an exclusive club for the initiated and seasoned postfix user
> only?

You noted in your original post:

It looks like it is bypassing the "mda" flag.

And /dev/rob0 replied to that paragraph with "you might have a *Debian
packaging bug*" (emphasis mine).

A bug, as in, "unexpected behaviour due to an error in the program".

That misbehaviour might be due to some screwup on the part of the Debian
package maintainer, or the upstream fetchmail author - filing a Debian
bug is the usual way to find out. (After you've crosschecked the
documentation for the current version in case some knucklehead thought
it would be fun to change certain default behaviours, or how some
long-standing options are processed, without trying to put up a great
big neon sign warning you about those changes.)

-kgd